ProcessDomain.CreateDomain exception - Timeout

Mar 18, 2014 at 5:35 AM
I am trying to run your sample project but it fails.

ProcessDomain.CreateDomain times out. Any ideas?
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2014 at 3:03 PM
Could you send me a stack trace?

Also, the remote process logs to a file when it's trying to setup, in case anything goes wrong. If your domain is named MyDomain, then the generated EXE would be named MyDomain.exe, and the log file would be named MyDomain.exe-{process id}.log. The default location for this log file would be your temp directory (%TEMP%), unless you specified an alternate directory in your ProcessDomainSetup by setting ExecutableDirectory.
Mar 18, 2014 at 9:08 PM
I figured it out.

Your nuget package is built with 2.0. I am running 4.0 projects. I ended up downloading your source, recompiling it for 4.0. The exception I was running intowas BadImageFormatException which is why I figured I needed to compile for my target framework. Turns out I was wrong.

The default compiler version for the process domain runtime compiler, which is set in ProcessDomainSetup, defaults to 3.5. What was happening was the compiled process domains were version 3.5 and were trying to load my version 4.0 assemblies.

I created and set the CompilerVerion in a ProcessdomainSetup to 4.0 and it fixed the problem. I also reverted to using your nuget package.
Coordinator
Mar 19, 2014 at 2:34 PM
Thanks for your feedback, I'll update the documentation with this information